Thursday, June 17, 2010

Is a heart rate of 48 dangerous.?

My 20 year old son has a heart rate of 48. He is tall and lean. Doesn%26#039;t have chest pain or anything. He does have asthma. He had an ekg done for preop for surgery in 3 days. The tech sent him in to urgent care saying there was a problem with the ekg turned out to be the low heart rate of 48.



Is a heart rate of 48 dangerous.?

I know in athletes a low heart rate can be very normal, I learned this in anatomy and physiology II this semester. That%26#039;s all I know, so if your son is not an athlete, i would look into seeing a cardiologist.



Is a heart rate of 48 dangerous.?

Seems` as if the average heartbeat is 72 ( I think ) then 48 doesn`t sound normal / Prayers %26amp; Blessing for you and your son . I`m sure the docs` have it under control .



Is a heart rate of 48 dangerous.?

48 heart rate is normal in a person that is very active like runner basketball player.



if your son is not active at all and a low heart rate i would have him see a doctor

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive